Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Sewing

I had the idea (God idea, I think) to have my daughter try on her spring and summer bottoms on Monday. I know it's only the beginning of Feb. That's why I'm thinking it was a God idea. We tried size 4 and 5. Hardly any bottom items (shorts, skirts, capris) fit. We ended up with 4 pair of shorts, only one pair is long enough to be used in public, and three pair of Khaki capris. Oh, and one skort that's also on the short side.
After the realization that mama has a significant amount of sewing to do, I understood why I was having Allison try on Spring and Summer clothing in the middle of winter.
So I started through my fabric stash for ideas of what I could make bottoms with. I came up with a reasonable number of useful pieces.
Thankfully the shirts fit. We did make one new shirt to go with one of the capri pants.
All of that to say, I've added some pictures of things we've already made to our "We Made This" file. The pink with hearts dress is new and will be used from Valentine's (with a sweater) through summer. I've got a dollie dress cut to match.
I hope you enjoy our new sewing items and maybe even get inspired.
Most of the items I make can be put together within an hour (except the church dresses), by even a beginner. Just don't try to use a pattern from the store. :)

1 comment:

  1. I found you on the Above Rubies group and when you said what you said about sewing I thought I must definitely leave you a post and say a BIG YES, I would be interested. I have just recently decided I wanted to take up sewing (haven't sewed since high school) and after seeing your pics I thought I would LOVE to make some of those especially the outfit with the bloomers and the yellow skirt. So please count me in! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete